KYTHIRA MANOR HOUSE
INVESTMENT PROPERTY WITH GUEST HOUSE
Kythira Manor House comprises two properties, the Main House and a large 155sm. Guest House. Both properties were acquired by the present owner as ruins in 2013. They have now been completely renovated and transformed into an imposing residence which has the feel and authenticity of an English manor house. The owner has used his skill and knowledge as an architectural historian to take full advantage of the history and features of these unique houses.
The main house provides some 325sm. of accommodation and dates from about 1800 with a neoclassical addition in 1900
THE MAIN HOUSE
The ground floor is at different levels separated by steps
- Bedroom overlooking large covered terrace
- Bedroom 2
- Fitted wardrobes
- 2 bathrooms
- Large Kitchen and Sitting room in kamara
- Study with fireplace
- Hallway with original 19th century painted ceiling
- Dressing room
- Laundry room
The Top Floor
- Salon with marble balcony
- Gallery room also with balcony
- 1 bedroom
- Dovecote in the NE corner of the garden
- Storage building & Utility room in the NW corner of the garden
The guest house was built in the 18th / 19th century and provides 155sm of accommodation on one level.
THE GUEST HOUSE
- Kitchen with traditional stone floor
- Combined living room and bedroom in huge vaulted stone kamara (77sm.) with fireplace
- Further bedroom
- 2 Bathrooms
FEATURES OF THE KYTHIRA MANOR HOUSE
- Sea views towards mountains of Crete
- Underfloor radiant heating
- Underfloor radiant cooling
- Open fireplaces
- Wood burning stove
- Double glazing
- Insect screens
- Beamed ceilings
- Original painted ceilings
- Fitted kitchens
- 3 phase electricity
GARDENS OF THE KYTHIRA MANOR HOUSE
Attractively designed patios and terraces create an overwhelming feeling of peace and tranquility amongst the walled gardens and other features of this unique property
The Main House
- Large outdoor dining area
- Large walled rear-garden
- Small walled front-courtyard with verandah.
- Water features including fountain, separating the two properties.
The Guest House
- Walled rear garden
- Front verandah
- Garden with view of Crete
Communal Garden Facilities
- Spacious driveway
- Two large water tanks for watering gardens
- Car port for two cars
Kythira is an unspoilt island lying off the southernmost tip of the Peloponnese. It is popular with walkers, bird watchers and those interested in wild flowers. Artists and writers come to obtain inspiration from its natural beauty. Others just want to enjoy its blissful peace and quiet.
it is an island of steep rocky cliffs, deep bays and beautiful beaches and noted as the home of Aphrodite, the Goddess of Love.
The Manor House is in the centre of the island on the edge of the small village of Pitsinianika. Shops and supermarkets at Karvounades and Tsikalaria are only 1 km away. Medical services are available and a new hospital was built in 2015
The house enjoys distant sea views across to the mountains of Crete.
Many of the islands beaches are within a 15-20 minute drive from the house.. These include the most beautiful at Kaladi and the largest at Paleopoli, which is quiet and peaceful even in the height of summer. Pride of place however, goes to the fairy tale beach of Diakofti with its white sand and shallow waters.
Distances and Access
- With its own airport and daily ferry services to the mainland, Kythira is easily accessible.
- Daily flight to Athens 30 minutes in summer, 4 days per week in winter
- Bi weekly ferries to Piraeus, Githeon and Crete
- International flights to European and other destinations from Athens
- Ferry to Piraeus 6 hours
During the last few years the tourist potential of Greece has changed beyond all recognition. The advent of companies such as Air BnB has revolutionized the demand for privately owned luxury holiday villas which can now command a substantial rental income.
Kythira Manor House has the advantage that it consists of two houses, either of which can be used as holiday rental accommodation and the other as owners accommodation.
- Beamed Ceilings
- Double Glazing
- Island views
- Open fireplace
- Sea Views
- Underfloor radiant heating
- Wood Burning Stove