KYTHIRA LUXURY VILLA FOR SALE
LANDSCAPED GARDENS WITH TERRACES
OLIVE GROVE & ORCHARD
SPECTACULAR SEA VIEWS
Reduced to 495,000 Euro
Kythira luxury villa for sale on the Greek island of Kythira. Kythira is one of the most unspoiled of Greek islands. The villa, tucked away on a hillside, enjoys spectacular views, across the straits of Maleas.
The villa is in the style of internationally renowned architect Frank Lloyd Wright. It was built by a dutch architect who lived on the island
Carefull landscaping has enhanced the plot of 8,200 sq.m. This provide gardens and terraces with a blaze of colour throughout much of the year. The gardens include palm trees and an olive grove with 40 mature olives. The garden contains oleander, bougainvillea, jasmine, roses and geranium. Lavender and wild herbs complete the picture. The orchard provides citrus trees, pear, almond and pomegranates.
A surfaced drive leads to the villa and garage. A second drive leads to the terraces of the landscaped gardens.
Kythira luxury villa provides a generous 381 sq.m. of accommodation. It has been maintained to a high standard by the present owners. Designed to take full advantage of the natural light, the rooms are large and airy. High ceilings and full length windows provide panoramic views of the gardens and coast.
KYTHIRA LUXURY VILLA – ACCOMMODATION
The entrance to the villa is at first floor level and comprises
- Entrance hall with mezzanine floor
- Main 2 storey hall, with marble staircase leading to ground floor
- Two en suite double bedrooms, each with patio
- Master en suite bedroom with, fitted wardrobes, a private patio overlooking citrus and olive groves.
Lounge ( 90.25 sq.m.)
- Featured open fireplace
- Dining area with sea and mountain views
- Four double sets of floor to ceiling windows.
- Lounge area close to the fireplace and TV,
- Curtained archway from the lounge and a private patio,with Bougainvillea.
- Reading area overlooking the sea.
- The space provided by the lounge is flexible and can be put to separate uses.
Double bedroom / study
Kitchen ( 27.7 sq.m.)
- A wide range of cupboards and units with white marble surfaces.
- Fitted appliances include a washing machine, central heating boiler with 2 radiators, double oven, four-ring electric cooker, full size refrigerator/freezer and space for a dishwasher. Double doors lead from the kitchen to a large patio.
- Cooking appliances; double oven, four-ring electric cooker, full size refrigerator/freezer and space for a dishwasher.
- Kitchen Appliances and Furnishings; Fitted appliances include a washing machine, central heating boiler with 2 radiators.
EXTERNAL FACILITIES OF THE KYTHIRA LUXURY VILLA
- The Old Boathouse ( 19 sq.m.), has been converted into a study with spectacular views and an aura of peace and quiet.
- Garage ( 44 sq.m.) for 2 / 3 cars and with internal access to house. The garage has a workbench and shelving
- Workshop 21.84 sq.m The rear door from the kitchen leads to a small patio, off which is a workshop. It has a 4m long workbench, shelving, drawers and a steel storage cupboard.
- Pump House The 7.40 sqm pump house is located underneath the lounge patio and houses the latest Canadian UV water sterilising system (Sterilight). The pressurised pumping system provides drinking water and water for garden irrigation.
The villa has the benefit of;
Dual purpose air conditioning units
Feature open fireplace
Pine ceiling in kitchen
Insect screens to 4 opening windows.
Fully fitted kitchen
Attractive internal and external stone features
Parking area for 4/5 cars
2,000 litre oil tank for central heating
110,000 litre underground rainwater storage tank
Separate secondary 39,000 litre reservoir with two filter beds
Garden irrigation system
3 phase electricity supply ( installed 2003)
New electrical wiring (2006)
Most of the furnishings, together with the kitchen appliances, are included in the sale price. A detailed list is available upon request.
This Kythira luxury villa has been exceptionally well maintained under the present owners and since 2003 improvements, upgrading and maintenance have been carried out virtually on an annual basis. Full external repainting was carried out in 2015.
Kythira is an unspoilt island lying off the southernmost tip of the Peloponnese. It is popular with walkers, bird watchers and those interested in wild flowers. Artists and writers come to obtain inspiration from its natural beauty. Others just want to enjoy its blissful peace and quiet.
Demand for property on the island has remained strong as buyers from many European countries escape to what is an idyllic lifestyle.
There is a mini market and other shops at Agia Pelaga which is 1 km from the house and at Potamos a new hospital has been completed and became fully operational in 2015.
The island is served by excellent transport facilities. There is a daily ferry service to the mainland at Neapoli. Bi weekly ferries serve Kalamata, Piraeus & Crete
Kythira has its own airport with daily flights to Athens and twice weekly flights to Crete, Kefalonia and Corfu. This enables travellers to take advantage of cheap flights to and from many parts of Europe.
- Air Conditioning
- Central Heating
- fruit and vines
- garden irrigation system
- large airy rooms
- large garage
- olive grove
- Open fireplace
- pump house