Greece still has an enviable record in combatting the effects of Covid 19. The sensible and clearly defined restrictions which have made it a world leader in combatting the effects of the virus are regularly updated. The latest protective advice and protective guidelines must be followed.
GREECE COVID GUIDELINES FROM 24th AUGUST
- Mandatory Spot Covid-19 tests for visitors arriving in Greece will be conducted using swab tests.
- Use of face masks is mandatory after entering Athens airport terminal;
- A mask must be kept on throughout a passenger’s stay in the airport areas, during boarding, and during the flight (domestic or international).
- Every other seat in waiting areas must be left vacant except for couples or families travelling together.
- Visitors arriving from Sweden, Belgium, Spain, the Netherlands and the Czech Republic must show proof that they have tested negative for the coronavirus before they can enter the country
Use of masks is obligatory in
- All indoor facilities including supermarkets, shops and churches.
- On all public transport including buses, metro, trams and taxis,
- Hospitals, offices, government services and buildings
- Ferries and hovercraft
- Restaurants and bars in Athens, Attica and the islands of the Saronic gulf must close by midnight.
- Organised beaches – towels must be placed on top of sun loungers by the user.
PASSENGER LOCATOR FORM PLF
Before Check-in: It is compulsory for all passengers on international flights to fill in and submit online at least 24 hours before flying, the Passenger Locator Form published in https://travel.gov.gr . Ensure that you keep your receipt. Administrative fines may be applied by the Hellenic Civil Protection, if the PLF is not filled in.
Updates to the protective guidelines are published regularly in the media and in government announcements. Please keep up to date.