A spacious 7 Bedroom luxury detached villa at Ichalia, in Messinia in the southern Peloponnese. Built in 2005 the house has extensive gardens with mature fruit trees, 5 large palm trees, a 42m2 Gazebo and a BBQ. The trees include 10 Orange trees, Lemon trees, Grapefruit, Fig, Apricot, Walnut and various other shrubs.
The house set on a plot of 975 sq.m. provides 324 sq.m. of accommodation as follows;
Lower Ground Floor (165m2)
- Spacious entrance Hall
- Large lounge with open plan fully fitted kitchen
- 3 Double bedrooms. with space for an additional bedroom
- Boiler Room
- Open Fire Place
The lower ground floor is completely self contained and has its own entrance. It can be used as guest or rental accommodation, on the holiday rental market.
Ground Floor (119m2)
- Very Spacious Lounge with open plan fully fitted Italian kitchen, including centre island and centre extractor
- Sliding doors with fly screens and shutters to verandas.
- Glazed door leading to Bedrooms and Bathrooms. Quality fittings in both bathrooms
- 3 double bedrooms with fitted wardrobes.
- Sliding doors with fly screens and shutters to verandas into the garden.
- Stairs to Mezzanine Floor
- Lounge with parquet flooring and velux roof window
- Bedroom with parquet flooring and velux window
- Door to roof garden with views over the mountains
The house also has the benefit of;
- Central heating
- Double glazing
- Air conditioning
- Open fireplace
- Solar hot water
- Insect screens
- Fitted wardrobes in bedrooms
- Roof garden
- Mountain views
The price includes all furnishings fixtures and fittings and the appliances in the two kitchens
Ichalia which is just one of eight villages in the area, has a large square where a popular Sunday market is held every week. It also has a mini market and a doctors surgery which is held twice a week. In nearby Meligalas, there is a supermarket and a range of shopping facilities, as well as a medical centre, dentist, banks, cafes and a hairdresser.
20 minutes to the west are the magnificent sandy beaches of Kalo Nero, which stretch into the distance. Twenty minutes to the south is Kalamata, the regional capital and the airport. The house, which is at the north end of the village, is 1 km from the new Athens Kalamata motorway, which has reduced traveling time to Athens to just over two hours.
The Peloponnese is one of the last unspoilt regions of Europe. The mountain and coastal scenery is in many places breathtaking. It is a region dotted with small villages where life goes on unchanged and where the occasional donkey can still be seen.
The airport at Kalamata receives flights from most European countries from April to October and scheduled domestic flights from Athens, throughout the year. The flight time from Athens is some 45 minutes.
Kalamata is a bustling town, with an old quarter and a long promenade, lined with hotels, tavernas, bars and ice cream parlours. It also has a modern marina with waterfront restaurants serving international cuisine.